- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Advice
- Intellectual Property
- J. D. – The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX ▪ Member, Honor Committee
- B. A. – The University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA ▪ Echols Scholar; Dean’s List
Trial lawyer with 20 years’ experience as a federal and state prosecutor. Experienced, dynamic corporate counsel and regulatory consultant. Seasoned supervisor and manager of complex investigations. Relentless investigator. Creative thinker. Impeccable legal research and writing skills. Compelling public speaker with standout courtroom skills in cross-examination and argument. Undefeated in all 31 jury trials tried in the last 22 years, including felony cases involving firearms and narcotics trafficking and money laundering offenses. Over 60 jury trial wins in state and federal courts.
- National Project Safe Neighborhoods Award for Outstanding Gun Crime Investigation for supervising one of four long-term undercover investigations prosecuting 226 defendants. Consulted with prosecutors and agents nationwide regarding undercover investigative techniques and related prosecutions. (2010)
- Member of team of independent international consultants reporting to New York Department of Financial Services on investigation and monitorship of an international bank.
- Outstanding Achievement Award from the Statesboro, Georgia Police Department in recognition of undercover investigation “Operation Statesboro Blues.” (2009)
- Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force Regional Award for Case of the Year (2006)
Memberships & Court Admissions
- Vice Chair, ABA Criminal Justice Section, Solo & Small Firm Committee
- Member, ABA, White Collar Crime Committee, Women in Criminal Justice Committee, and Prosecution Function Committee.
- Member, Federal Bar Association.
- Member, Virginia State Bar.
- Admitted, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, Supreme Court of Virginia, Circuit Courts of Virginia.
- Washington D.C.